my apologies for not writing in here last night - I totally forgot! Plus, nothing really exciting happened. I saw the guy who thinks I look like a Desperate Housewife again, and the above title is a direct quote. Yesterday morning was spent in class; yesterday afternoon was spent watching what quite possibly could be the most boring / poorly produced documentary video ever made on the Yuan Ming Yuan - basically the Chinese version of Versailles which a combined force of French and English troops burned to the ground in 1860 (Apparently the Americans returned a few years later to help them finish the job off). The filmmakers used a computer to "recreate" the buildings based on sketches - so basically, it looked like people in Chinese costume walking through a video game based on Chinese traditional architecture (with some godawful baroque palaces thrown in). OK - I didn't like the movie!
And... that was kind of it. This afternoon we're heading to the Capital Museum, so hopefully I'll have some news to report from that. more later!