Thursday, March 29, 2007

message to sky: stop snowing, and get warm soon!

For some reason, I've just become tired of the cold weather.  it's just... every day here, the temps hover around the mid-30's, and then drop below freezing at night.  Every once in a while, it snows (it snowed again yesterday - very pretty, but still snow!)  My thought is, if I can't go skiing, then it might as well be really warm with green leaves and sunshine.  I keep hopefully checking out trees to see if I can see signs of buds, and keep staring at the grass to see if it might have gotten just that much greener overnight.  So far, no luck.  I'm still wearing my winter parka and gloves around - forgot the gloves today, actually, but that was by accident - my watch alarm clock decided to stop working last night, so my classmate had to call me this morning at 10:00 to find out why I wasn't in class - it was because I was still in bed, sound asleep.  Made it to class in record time though, but without my gloves.  I swear, it was the alarm clock's fault and not my own - one of my projects for this weekend is going to be to find a new watch with functioning alarm clock.
 
Not much new else to report.  We have midterms coming up week after next, which are guaranteed to be no fun at all.  No more random livestock sightings, so things are calming down on that front.  The treadmill still shocks me every time I go to the gym - I swear, there is a positive correlation between how fast you run and how fast the static electricity builds up - it really encourages you to walk slowly and never run at all, because then your shock risk is pretty much zero.  Not really the kind of equipment you want to have in a gym - maybe I'll try the stationary bike today.  The one nice thing about the treadmills is that you can watch TV.  The choice of television shows is pretty much always the same.  There are eight TVs total, I think - one is showing a cop show, sometimes featuring Jackie Chan.  One is a soap opera featuring the love lives of top executives.  One is a family drama of some type.  One is CCTV5, the sports channel, which recently has alternated between swimming, gymnastics, and NBA highlights.  One is the nature program channel, which the other day featured a program on wild boars being trained to jump through flaming hoops.  I don't know if that adds up to eight or not, but the other TVs are usually switched off.  Oh - and there is also the celebrity news channel, usually featuring Zhang Ziyi.
 
Off now to go run some errands, and maybe see if I can find a watch.  when will it ever get warmer here???