Thursday, March 22, 2007

该页无法显示

Right now I am dealing with the odd experience of not being able to read my own blog.  I've heard that, for whatever reason, the minds behind the great firewall of China occasionally decide to block Blogger.  For whatever weird reason, I can access Blogger just fine - just, when I try to click on my own blog (or anything ending with blogspot.com), I get the following error message: 该页无法显示 (This page cannot be displayed).  I'm hoping that this post will post, because I'm assuming that this is a problem originating in China, not with Blogger.  Very weird, and also more than slightly annoying!
 
In other news, I've been fighting a cold all week (not fun) and right now I think I'm going to go back to the dorm and take a nap before the cold wins.  I have calligraphy class tonight, then LOTS of reading for "special" class (I'm taking a total of four classes - one-on-one class, which is my class on intellectual property rights; one-on-two class, which is where I learn how to pronounce words - I have a major problem with pronunciation.  This is frustrating, because I can read and understand stuff really well - just can't pronounce it.  So, it's hard to convince people you actually know what's going on when you sound like you don't have a clue...; literature class, where we read short stories - v. good class so far; and "special" class.  "Special" class is an all-around hodgepodge of "interesting" topics in current China ( i.e. what the government-issued textbook tells us are "interesting" topics in current China - why study Taiwan when you can study the educational system, etc. etc.) - I sort of have a love-hate relationship with this class, as sometimes I think the words we're learning are pretty useful, and I like the opportunity to read a lot of stuff, because I can read a lot better than I can speak... but sometimes I think it's just the worst class ever.  We had a test on Wednesday and we get the results back tomorrow - we'll see what I think of that class then!
 
ok - off to get dinner.  hope you all can read this!