Man... I am tired right now! Last night has got to be one of the more original ways I've ever spent celebrating St. Patrick's Day, and also one of the more fun. It started out with a determination to only watch movies in English, as I think my classmates and I (well, me for sure) are slowly starting to rebel against all things Chinese. (I found spaghetti and pesto sauce in the "imported foods" section of the supermarket today and was very, very excited). In any case, the first movie was "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" followed by "Boondock Saints" in honor of St. Patrick's Day. Both really worth watching, even though there was no Guinness to be found in any supermarket on campus - and we looked really hard for it.
After watching the movie we went to a club called "Box" which is why I'm having a really hard time staying awake while typing this. I really need some KFC coffee... it was a pretty small club with a dance floor, and a banner on the wall proudly proclaiming, "Happy San Patrick's Day!" They were also handing out stickers with the same motto printed underneath an Irish flag. Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day, and most everyone was wearing the Irish flag, except the Russian women, who really didn't have any clothing to stick it to. Last night was the first time I ever saw a camoflage miniskirt paired with pink stiletto-heel boots. I don't know what the Russian fashion magazines are printing these days, but it has got to be something interesting!
We got back to the dorm about 3:00 AM this morning, which is why I'm having a really hard time focusing on typing this blog entry. I really don't do well with lack of sleep. ok. must... focus.... time to head back to the dorm and find people to eat dinner with, and then start doing homework and figuring out spring break trip plans. need to wake up soon!