OK - v. quick blog entry today, because today was kind of a dull type of day. I moved out of the hotel this morning, and over to the hotel CET reserved for us on the eve of our departure for Harbin. We had a quick orientation meeting this evening, where we got the student handbook and map of Harbin, and then were told to meet at 10:00 tomorrow morning for a more comprehensive orientation. I'm heading out tonight to have dinner with other new students- have to use the opportunity to meet people while I can still speak English! Tomorrow afternoon we have free - going to try and check out one more museum - then tomorrow night at 7:00 the train leaves for Harbin - will be my first time riding a night train, so that should be interesting. hopefully will be good stories!
Next time I post will probably be from Harbin... hello, polar bears! Will be sad to leave Beijing, though - even though the fog was so bad today you could only see about 50 feet in front of you (and some students are having major problems getting here because they closed the Beijing airport) - being here has kind of grown on me, and I feel like I've only just begun to figure my way around. Of course, there are things I won't miss, like the air pollution and attack-busses - hopefully I'll be able to go jogging in Harbin, though according to the student handbook we just got, the attack-bus situation is much the same. We're not advised to buy bikes, though we'll see how it compares to Beijing!
off to get dinner - 再见北京!