Monday, February 5, 2007
before I forget...
Yesterday I went to the supermarket in search of candy for Chinese New Year to share with my classmates today (we were all assigned traditional Chinese holidays to research - each holiday has its own particular food - mine was particularly easy to find, since Chinese New Year is set to arrive February 18th). While heading down the chips aisle in search of Oreos I ran across a bag of... Cheetos! my favorite unhealthy snack. I was SO excited! That is, until I got home, and opened the bag. What was in the bag was certainly Cheetos-shaped, but definitely not Cheetos-flavored. Instead of the expected Day-Glo orange cheddar flavor, it was... teriyaki steak. A friend of mine was already taken in by ketchup-flavored potato chips, and I think I ate a green-tea flavored ice cream bar for dessert tonight. But teriyaki steak flavored Cheetos are really beyond the pale. For all those who can read Chinese characters: beware 日式牛排���蜚��力��癆�阨�瘤���癆�鈞齔�当緕�蒹�瘤糯�齊Γ街飼�銓蜥繻�黶聽�鈞齔�莱��蜴�續�緕�蒹�纃闔�閼甃�辮鞳鴉蜴��鈔�闔纖�赱�鱚�葹鰾�瘤粡纉��纈���硼���癇鳫�肚癘闥繖�瘤糯�瘤��纐緕�闥黼���瘤糯�癇諷����鋳縺�會��縄癘闥����鈞齔���閹��竚癈鼾癆纉�鋏蜚�鈑踟�鱸繖�蒹�鱚瘢�鴣鈬�闔踟��齔蜚��阨�痰阨���黼竢鈔�赱�鬯�碵雹���瘤阡蒹��鴈蜴��鱚痲��矼肬鱚�阨�癆�堯