Wednesday, December 20, 2006

闭门造车

闭门造车- "close the door and make a cart" - divorce oneself from reality, be impractical.

有鉴于-you jian yu - in light of.

无动于衷-wu dong yu zhong - unmoved, unconcerned.

动武-dong wu - take military action. 动物-dong wu - animal. There's a tone difference in here somewhere that leads to a different pronunciation of identically spelled words, but I'll be damned if I know what it is. For instance, 都是中共对台动武的条件does not refer to the Chinese launching animals at Taiwan.

欲振乏力-yu zhen fa li - low morale.

low morale is a good way to end this post. It's not that I haven't been taking notes - I have random characters scribbled in a notebook right next to me - it's just that I'm focusing more on comprehension than on stopping to write everything down. I just posted on Ephblog - it is DEFINITELY time to stop and go to bed!!!